Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fortress of Redemption DIY Part 3

Round Three...  BUILD!



Two silos simply wasn't enough for me.  And having them so close to the tower?  A greater architectural faux pas I simply cannot conceive!  Obviously, I won't be able to use this as a Fortification in regular games of 40K as it is without saying that at least one of the sections doesn't exist for game purposes, but that's what Apocalypse, Kill Team and Planetstrike are for.  That, and I could just have it as a center piece.



Man, I love the Photobucket app for my iPhone.  It makes doing build logs so much easier.  Because I don't think of taking pictures as a pain in the butt, it means I can do more of them, which means more frequent updates.




One of three silo-looking sections that will be at the end of each of the walk ways.  This building is turning out to be MASSIVE.  Progress has been very, very steady and I'm looking forward to completing it.  

I have a rule when it comes to scratch building, my "90/10 Rule."  90% of the model will be built in 10% of the total time needed for its completion.  The remaining 10% of the model, which is all of the little detail work that sets the model off and actually makes it worth looking at takes up 90% of your time spent.  As frustrating as it is, that last 10% of the model is what's going to pull rough shapes into a cohesive building, titan, tank or whatever that looks fantastic, so enjoy detailing your creation.  Or go insane doing it.  Whichever works better for you.

All the best,
-Jordan

4 comments:

Tommy Clark said...

I think this is great work..... but I also wanna see that skull thing in the background!!

Courtney Hollyoake said...

Sweet. Looks like this thing will be a beast when finished

Myles said...

Tommy: Thank you! That thing in the background is another piece of terrain for another post. Soon!

Courtney: Thank you, it's turning out to be a much bigger structure than I'd thought originally.

Irondad said...

Nicely done! I'm the bloke who made the templates for Bugbait, and I'm thrilled to see them put to good use.

/Irondad