Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Death Korps of Krieg, Incoming!


Death Korps Engineer

Despite working like a dog recently and not having terribly much time to do so, I've actually gotten quite a lot of hobbying done.  Displayed for you, dear readers, is the first of four Death Korps Engineer squads for my 1,000 point Imperial Guard army.


The entire squad.  Click for a larger image.

I find that unless I post a picture as the first part of the blog post, no image shows up on the "Blogs I'm Following" widget via Blogger.


Engineer Sergeant

A red stripe was added to his right shoulder pad to indicate that he's running the show.  Knowing which guy is in charge has become more important than ever in Warhammer 40,000's 6th edition.  Otherwise, he's identical to the rest of his squad-mates. 


Heavy Flamer

Heavy flamers are always a great asset to Imperial Guard Veteran squads, and the heavy flamer bit comes from the Death Korps Grenadier heavy flamer team kit.  These may end up getting dropped from one or two squads in favor of triple plasma guns, though.  Gotta love those new Rapid Fire rules and all five of those fire points on a Chimera!


Meltagunner

The ubiquitous meltagun.  I decided to take off the strap that came with each of these weapons.  None of them went on quite right.  Before I add my first coat of gloss varnish, I'll probably re-wash the barrel of the weapon with The Army Painter's Dark Tone ink (which is amazing, by the way).

Well, that's all for now.  I'm happy I finally got my photo set-up working again and can take pictures worth posting!  Happy hobbying, folks, and enjoy your game.

-Jordan

No comments: