Thursday, August 2, 2012

Avenger Strike Fighter 99% Complete


At this point, I'd be perfectly comfortable calling this model finished, but I've still got a bit more work left on it.  I plan to add some water-slide decals, then do a tiny bit of weathering over that.  

The paint job is pretty darn simple overall.  I also had the opportunity to use some weathering powders from Vallejo, which when used in a similar fashion to drybrushing, add a very impressive carbon scoring effect.  Though I may have gone overboard on this one.  I'll leave that to you.

Stay tuned, I'll have a long blog post about building and painting this guy next Monday, along with the Table Top Generals podcast available at the podcast's website (here: ttgpodcast.podbean.com/), then Tuesday on iTunes.

Enjoy your games, guys,
-Jordan

3 comments:

Green Stuff Industries said...

That thing looks great, Jordan! I've been wanting to get into powders but really don't know where to start.

Green Stuff Industries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oni said...

Holly emperor can you scratch-build. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.