Thursday, November 18, 2010

Planetstrike Auto-defense Photos

A recent, ahem, membership issue has left our club short one Realm of Battle board, but up several dozen pieces of Games Workshop terrain. Having it sit at the local hobby store half-assembled and primed wouldn't do, so I decided to take it home with me and get it ready for the table top, instead of doing responsible things like working on my army.

So far, I've got everything assembled the way I want it, and am making progress on it, albeit at a snail's pace (like everything else). Following are some photos of a pair of auto-defenses included in the Planetstrike sets.


auto-defenses
Imperial Auto-defense weapons


Orbital lascannon
Anti-aircraft lascannon


Orbital lascannon side view
Side view

To me, the auto-defense lascannons don't look like they can reach out and touch someone at 96 inches. To this end, I lengthened the barrel with some Evergreen plastic tubing and other bits.


Quad autocannon
Quad-barrel autocannon


Quad autocannon three-quarters view
The cannon targets an enemy flyer

The paint scheme is easy, just prime gray, pick out a detail or two and get some wash in the recesses. I think it serves the purpose.

-Jordan

2 comments:

oni said...

WOW! Those are gorgeous.

Myles said...

Thank you very much for the compliment, but surely, you jest.